Sunday, March 1, 2009

My DAD!!!

I cannot believe how time passes. It is hard for me to find the time to get in here. It feels like so much has gone on in these short two months. The kids are almost out of school, Summer is approaching and we have to be out of our house mid April. So, don't plan on me being on here for a while even after this. Anyway, this has been a pretty special week for me. Lots has happened and there has been lots of spiritual loss and growth for me. When my mom was here, the night she fell I had this feeling that something bad was going to happen. I layed awake for nearly an hour until I heard her fall. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could but she was already lying face down convulsing. To make a long sad story shorter I felt like not only had I failed my mother for not being there before she had fallen, I felt like I had failed my Father in Heaven. I felt like he had given me this prompting and I had misused or misunderstood it some how. For the last 5 months I let this eat away at me until I could no longer feel his spirit with me. I was really down. I then found out that something was wrong because I had missed my monthly cycle and NO I was NOT pregnant. I was scared and felt alone because I had pushed my Savior away. I felt that day more than any day since my mom had passed that I NEEDED her. I needed her right now. She was gone, and again those regrets and disapointments came back. MY DAD told me to get a blessing that night and made me promise I would do it before going to sleep. It was 8pm. Then, he talked to Cliff about me and Cliff immediately called the bishop. Our bishop came over and gave me a blessing with Cliffs help. The next day I went to the doctor and they found a complex cyst on my ovary. I will go back in in 6 weeks to see if it is still there. If it is the next step is to look for ovarian cancer. Unbelievably this was not as difficult as not having my Savior with me. On Saturday our stake day called 'Come unto Christ with Real Intent.' It was during one of those classes that I realized that I HAD heard the prompting and I had done was I was intended to do and that the reasoning was so that my mom would not be alone. I was with her to comfort her, to tend her and to be a companion to her until my dad arrived. If I had ignored that prompting she may have spent the night alone. I would never have been able to forgive myself. The reason for the title, "My DAD!" is because I am able to turn to him in any situation and for any reason. I love my dad so much and owe him more than life itself. Dad, thank you for always being there for me and for being one of my greatest friends. We can definitely thank mom for that. She taught us so much and continues to teach us. How lucky I am to have some special parents. From the time I was little my very favorite church song was, and still is, 'I am a Child of God.' Especially the part where it says, ..... "has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear...." I will forever be greatful to him for giving me my mom and dad and am so lucky that I get them after this life also. Dad I love you and thank you for being my "DAD"!

2 comments:

Somer said...

That was a very moving story. Thank you for sharing it with me. You are so special! I know your mom misses you so much, cause I miss you and I'm not even close to what your mom is! I want to hear how things go with the doctors appointments. I'm sure this is just compounding the stress of what you are going through right now with moving and losing your mom. I love you so much Linds! Hang in there!

ChaChaCha said...

That was really sweet. I'm so sorry about your Mom. Thank you for sharing this story though.

Slide Show