Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Mother


This is a picture of my beautiful mom. This is the same picture that we used for her memorial. My mom passed away on 9/24/08. Two days after my 31st birthday. It is a week that I will forever share with my MOM. She was an amazing woman. She was sick a lot of my growing up years, and only blessed with good health a few times. While my brothers were on their missions, and then the last two months before she passed. They finally found what was wrong with her after 20 years of being sick. My family was extatic. This was the first time that we prayed for either a miracle or to let her go home. For two months we thought it was a miracle and it was. She was her old self again. Until Wed. 9/16/08. She was sick again. We thought (even her) that she had the flu. We were wrong. She was finally taken from us to be happy and healthy. We miss her so much but at the same time are so happy for her. She was a righteous woman who never faltered from her testimony. She is an example to me of a daughter of God. She is a lot of why I am who I am. I hope she knows how much a love her. How much I appreciate her. And how much I hope to be JUST like her. I have this song 'To Where You Are' by Josh Groban that I want to dedicate to her. Because no matter where I am, she will always be with me. I love you forever mom. Until I see you again!!

5 comments:

Somer said...

Beautiful Tribute--and beautiful song. You made me cry! How could you not!!!! I feel for your loss and hope you can get through it---for me it was later that was harder than right at first!

Patti Price said...

that is beautiful Linz! Your mom was beautiful, fun and strong. I had a lot of fun with your family and they will always feel like 2nd parents. Like it was said in the above comment and like I told you before, it will get a little harder later. I wasn't able to find teh right words when I was talking to you about it before, but I will try now. Yes, it will get harder, but Heavenly Father knew that. That is why you need to Cherish these next few months. I think the first few moths after my dad died were some of the most spiritual times of my life. I was literally carried thru some of that time and very blessed. Then later on it got harder, but in bits and pieces instead of all at once. HeavenlyFather helps us so much during this time. I am so gratful for his love and the gospel! I know your mom is with you and so proud of you!!

Justin said...

Lindsay, I dont know how you wrote that because I had a hard time reading it and getting through it. I think of her every day and feel my heart breaking up each time. With the job I have now I have a lot of time to think and she always pops up in my mind. It is hard and has gotten harder and it does not make me very happy with the fact that I have missed a few family get togethers because I am now back to working six days a week. I do know that she is in a better place and I am happy for her but do really miss her. I grew up knowing the good and bad of her life and now want my kids to know just to good and make sure they know how much she loves them. Cory, you still owe us the DVD's that you put together. Thanks for doing this Linday!

Snyder Family said...

I love it! You made me tear up! What a beautiful way to share her with everyone-
We love you!

Tiffanyrose said...

Lindsay, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She was and still is such an amazing lady. I only met her a few times but I loved her. She was just awesome.
We are doing good, living in North Carolina. We love it. We got out of AZ right before the market fell. We still have not sold our house but it is being rented. We live a lot closer to my family now. I hope you are doing well. Keep in touch and I will keep in touch through your blog too!

Slide Show